EPF stands for Employee Provident Fund and EPFO stands for Employee Provident Fund Organization. The organization is responsible for managing and monitoring the EPF. In addition to this, it is a government body and you can transfer your funds or redeem your funds with help of EPFO only. A few years ago, the system was not as good as it is today and this was only because of the lack of digitalization.
Introduction of UAN by EPFO
A few years ago, UAN was launched and UAN stands for Universal Account Number. This is the one number which replaced all the PF number and you could not access your account on the EPFO portal with help of this single UAN Number. It certainly made things easy for the people as it was now possible to transfer PF from one account to another with a lot of ease. Apart from this, there were many other benefits which people received because of the UAN.
It also became possible to check the EPFO Balance with help of EPFO Portal. There are multiple ways to check EPFO Balance and having UAN Number certainly makes it easy. It is also possible to download the EPF Passbook through the portal and here, in this article, we have mentioned the steps to check the EPF Balance with or without UAN Number through EPFO Portal.
Steps to Check EPF Balance with or without UAN Number through EPFO Portal
- To start the process, you can simply navigate to the EPFO Portal. The link to the portal is https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- Once the site is displayed, click on Our Services from the Top Menu Bar and a drop-down menu will be displayed. From this Dropdown Menu, click on For Employee Button and a new webpage will be displayed.
Finding UAN Number
- On the new webpage, click on Member UAN/Online Services and a new page will now be displayed in a new window. On this new page, click on Know your UAN Status. Alternatively, you can navigate to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/no-auth/uanActivation/knowUan?_HDIV_STATE_=15-6-2E8BA1461088056CB1D9194CE84D2778
- Once the page is displayed, you can enter your Member ID / Aadhaar Number or PAN Number. Followed by this, enter your name, date of birth and Mobile number. You will also need to enter the Captcha Code and then click on Get Authorization Pin.
- On the next page, click on I Agree Button and Enter the OTP Received on the mobile. Once you validate the OTP, you will then receive UAN Number on your mobile.
- Once you have your UAN Number, you can simply go ahead and activate your UAN Number. This will also enable you to set a password for UAN.
- You can click here to be redirected to the page for activating UAN. Simply enter the details in the form and click on the next button to validate the request with OTP. You will now get an option to set a password for your login ID.
- You can skip to the next step if your UAN is already active.
- To check the balance, you can navigate the EPFO Portal and click on Member Passbook. Alternatively, you can use the link – https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- Once the page is displayed, you can go ahead and enter your UAN Number along with the Password and Captcha.
- Click on Login Button after entering the credentials and you will then be navigated to the dashboard.
- Now, on left hand side, you will notice your PF Number. Click on the PF Number and your Passbook with then be displayed. You can use this Passbook to check the balance in your PF account along with the employer contribution in your account.
This was the process to Check EPF Balance with or without UAN Number through EPFO Portal and you can also check the EPF balance with help of the mobile application, Missed Call Service and SMS Service. The only pre-requirement to check the balance through any portal is that your UAN should be activated. If in case it is not active, then you must first activate the UAN and then you will be able to check the EPF Balance through the desired process.