Last updated on February 27th, 2018 at 05:06 am
The procedure to pay online EPF is very easy and user friendly. This had made things easy for the employees as well as the employers. There is a lot of transparency in the process and the employee can check every time the payment to his PF account is being made. So good it is for the employers that even they don’t need to personally visit the PF office for the payment of the Provident fund and can now easily make all the payments through online mediums. They can now even add new members online as well.
To make the payment of EPF through e-Sewa portal the employers need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit to the official website of the e-Sewa portal.
- The registration of the establishment must be done on the webpage by creating the username and password. With this the employers can keep a record of the online contribution made and can also generate the challans thereof. This is a one-time process.
- The facility of SMS alerts is also present which allows the employer to get a confirmation about a payment made. The employers, for this, need to update their contact information on the portal.
- Through the e-Sewa portal, the employers can also generate the slips of payments which is very crucial for the employers to save so that it becomes easy for them to keep a track of monthly contribution.
Establishment registration on e-Sewa portal
To register the establishment on e-Sewa portal, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the portal
- Click “Register”
- Choose the office and state,
- Punch in the establishment code along with the extension and hit on “Get Details”
- Enter all the other details required and hit “Get Pin”.
- Enter the PIN as received on the mobile and now you will receive another text which shall have the temporary user id and password.
- Using this temporary user id and password, generate the new user id and password
- Now with this new user id and password, one can log on to the e-Sewa portal.
Benefits of online payment of EPF to the employer
- There is no need to submit the forms such as form 5, form 10, and form 12A and so on.
- The employers do not need to stand in queues at the PF office to get the payment done.
- Employers can access the acknowledgement slips online so that they can keep a track of their payments.
- SMS alerts can be received after making the payments.
- No other returns to be filed and submitted in person to the EPFO